Do you live, love and breathe all things food, drinks, events, art and culture?
Are you a creative writer who understands the value of having an online presence, lives for all things restaurants, bars, venues and events and most importantly, has a personality that shines through your writing?
Do you know the difference between their, they’re and there?
YES? Great, then we’ll let you in on a little secret… Hidden City Secrets is looking for 3-5 passionate interns to join our team in an office where there is a strict ‘No Suits’ policy and an office doggo who makes it almost impossible to get any work done.
You get to research topics and choose what you want to write about as long as it is aligned with the brand. We encourage creativity in all areas and love it when people voice new ideas and concepts. We try to keep our articles venue-centric, meaning you’ll be creating chatter about bars and restaurants, as well as food, drinks, launch parties and events.
There’s no experience needed. The most important thing is your passion for writing, your research skills and a creative flair that will make you stand out from the crowd. In this internship, you will learn how content needs to be effectively marketed and communicated digitally, with a focus on SEO practices.
The role is perfect for current uni students or recent grads looking to gain some experience in the field and grow their portfolio of professional written work. All work produced by you will be signed under your name.
Please note this is an unpaid internship over a 3 month period. The role is face-to-face and requires you to be in the office 2 days a week.
Who are we?
Hidden City Secrets is a top nationwide, organically Google-ranked website that provides Melbournians, Sydneysiders, Queenslanders, Adelaidians and Perth-peeps with a first-rate website to search, enquire and book venues for anything from social drinks to dinner with friends & family and of course to find the best function venues & rooms across the country.
Internship will involve assisting/learning the following tasks:
– Content creation
– Article generation
– Digital marketing
– Online content management
– Liaising with clients
– Topic/article research
– Social media posting + management
– Basic SEO implementation (we can teach you this)
The successful applicant:
– Is a strong creative writer
– Has a passion for food, drink, nightlife & events
– Will be available 2 days a week (these can be flexible), from 10am – 4pm
– Can commit to a 3 month period
– Has the ability to get people to engage with their writing (no serious stuff here)
– Can work to a deadline
– Able to travel to South Yarra (where our office is located)
What you’ll get out of it:
· Strategic article writing
· Published articles fully credited under your name
· Social Media marketing, strategy & implementation
· Building and delivering E-newsletters
· WordPress CMS
· Basic photoshop skills
· Understanding of SEO practices
If this sounds like you, send us through:
1. A cover letter explaining WHO you are and WHY you’d be perfect for [HCS] – the more insight you give us into your personality, the better!
2. One or more writing examples that show off your flare
3. A current CV
Please send your application to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!
The [HCS] Team