Avion Communications is a boutique communications agency that offers web content strategy and copywriting services that are driven by marketing and sales. What makes Avion different is its ability to consult on all things digital and its understanding of all aspects of the web development process.
Our clients span high-profile organisations through to small and mid-sized businesses and not-for-profits.
Due to Avion’s small size, you will become an integral part of the team, working closely together and learning from each other. You can rest assured your work will make an impact and your contribution to our success will be recognised.
At Avion you will get real-world experience and insight into how projects are carried out in large organisations and very quickly develop an extraordinary and very impressive amount of knowledge, skill and experience that will be highly prized in the industry.
You will be involved in a range of digital projects for a raft of well renowned brands balancing your work both on-site with the client, as well as off-site at Avion in South Melbourne.
Your day to day roles and responsibilities will include:
- writing web content with SEO, UX, web accessibility and ASIC compliance in mind;
- creating engaging content that is fit for purpose i.e. takes into consideration the customer experience;
- demonstrating leadership and diplomacy skills through effective stakeholder management;
- effectively collect information, chasing up feedback, implementing changes and seeking final approval for many on-the-go projects;
- using tools to track and manage progress;
- writing, reporting and delivering work in a way that suits our agile work environment;
- collaborating effectively with your fellow Avion teammates, irrespective of what you are working on;
- sharing and showcasing project updates with maturity and confidence to a range of stakeholders;
- always being mindful of goals and deadlines;
- turning up to work each day to embrace and enjoy new challenges;
- maintaining a positive work ethic and upholding the high quality of work expected of you as an Avion team member.
To be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experience:
- relevant qualification(s) and/or experience in media, communications, writing, editing, proofreading, advertising, marketing and/or web design;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working with customers, clients and team members;
- knowledge of web design, SEO, UX, digital strategy and web accessibility.
Additional required attributes include:
- passion for media, communications and digital technology;
- vision to be a thought leader in the digital marketing space;
- able to pick things up quickly and apply to future work;
- confidence to handle account management and communicate directly with clients and various teams;
- exceptional attention to detail – especially when it comes to spelling and grammar and reviewing client files;
- able to demonstrate team work, collaboration and leadership skills.
At Avion Communications we provide a dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and learn. We know how important it is to love where you work, which is why we’ve come up with a range of initiatives that keep our employees happy, healthy, engaged and always learning:
- monthly dedicated time with business leaders;
- ‘wellbeing’ buddies for mental health and knowledge sharing;
- brand planning days;
- annual team getaways;
- support for pet projects;
- industry involvement and ambassadorship;
- monthly lunch and learns;
- conference attendance – local and international.
For more information on our company please visit www.avioncommunications.com.au.
If you are interested in joining us and feel you have the right skills, experience and above all the right outlook, then we’d love to hear from you. In order to be considered for the role please submit your resume AND a covering letter addressing the following five questions:
- Why are you a good fit for the role?
- Can you give us an example where you’ve had a disagreement with someone in your team? How did you resolve it?
- Tell us about a challenging problem you’ve been given to work on. How did you go about getting the information you needed to solve it?
- Can you identify a campaign or brand that resonates with you and explain how/why?
- Can you explain to us how you align with Avion’s 5 key values: creativity, fairness, transparency, kindness and hard work?
Avion Communications does not accept any unsolicited resumes from third party vendors.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.