Gain valuable writing experience and get your work published on iBuildNew.com.au, Australia’s leading online aggregator of home builders and land developers.
We are looking for final year student to complete a content writing internship and assist us in developing content for our blog and further distribution to our subscriber base and through social channels.
Our blog covers a wide range of topics about house designs, house and land packages, home building, renovations, land estates, suburb profiling, apartment developments, mortgage lending, and a range of other property related services.
Enthusiasm for, or interest in these types of topics is needed, and existing knowledge of the property sector would be a bonus. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge and experience in those areas and develop your skills in the areas of content creation, researching, editing, social media, marketing, proofreading, communications and SEO. Some training related to content writing will be provided, along with practical training and coaching related to content marketing.
This is an unpaid internship for 1-2 days a week on a 3 month contract, working under the supervision of our Digital Marketing & Editorial Executive. Please note that whilst this position is unpaid, you will receive a $25 reward for every article completed.
This is an opportunity to:
- Build your portfolio by getting your work published on an online platform with a large following (30,000 subscribers, and 40,000 Facebook followers), all done under your own personal bio.
- Learn new skills and develop valuable business knowledge through work experience and some dedicated training.
- Improve your content writing skills, and learn how to create engaging, fresh content.
- Work in a friendly and supportive team environment, with access to office space in Melbourne CBD (expected to attend the office once a week).
- Enjoy flexible days/hours.
- Get a great letter of reference.
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- Be in the penultimate or final year of study
- Strong writing skills with excellent grammar and spelling.
- Interest in brand messaging and topics related to home building and the property sector
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Tertiary qualification (or completing one) in Journalism, Communications, and/or Marketing
- Be highly motivated
- Be Flexible and able to work in a team environment.
Please note: You will need to provide your own laptop computer.
If you think these credentials sound like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Email us a copy of your resume and at least one sample of your writing, sent to Emily Felton at [email protected].