DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jan 14, 2019–The “Advancements in Wireless Communications for Transportation” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
With several global technology developments, wireless communication for the transportation and logistics sector has gained interest from several major tier organizations.
Many major challenges have been addressed by the wireless communication technologies in the past 5 years and these include reduction in cost (cheaper hardware and communication, new business models), increase in coverage, and most importantly creating a record of implementation cases.
Increasing awareness in technologies such as big data analytics, and Blockchain has garnered higher interest from various stakeholders globally leading to newer opportunities.
The report captures developments in low-power wireless communication with emphasis on transportation and logistics sector. The scope includes mainstream communication protocols such as LoRaWAN, Sigfox, NB-IoT, LTE-M Category 1 (LTE-M Cat 1).
These technologies will impact the application sector in the next 2 to 5 years.
Key modules covered in the report are highlighted below:
Key drivers and challenges
Strategic insights about the market and emerging trends
1. Executive Summary
2. Technology Status Assessment
3. Stakeholder Initiatives 3.1 NB-IoT And LTE CAT-M1 Growing Rapidly in the LPWAN Sector 3.2 LTE-M and NB-IoT Coverage 3.3 Country-wise LTE-M and NB-IoT Coverage – Major Telco Providers Offering LTE-M and/or NB-IoT 3.4 Patent Scenario in the NB-IoT Space 3.5 Sigfox – The Pioneer in LPWAN 3.6 LoRaWAN – Technology and Market Perspectives 3.7 Roaming Trials for LPWAN Technologies – Technology and Market Perspectives
4. Competitive Landscape and Initiatives 4.1 Huawei – Establishment of NB-IoT Open Lab 4.2 LTE-U, MulteFire Alliance 4.3 Verizon – Launch of LTE CAT M1 and NB-IoT 4.4 Tencent – Software Provider and IoT Agenda 4.5 Behr Technologies Inc. – MIOTY Technology 4.6 Hon Hai – LoRaWAN Developments 4.7 Softbank – LoRaWAN Demonstration 4.8 Cox2M – Large Scale End-to-end Solution
5. Technology Convergence and Emerging Opportunities 5.1 Significance of Big Data and AI 5.2 Role of Satellites in Improving the Coverage Aspect 5.3 Adoption of Energy Harvesting Technology Platforms 5.4 LTE CAT-M1 And NB-IoT Synergies 5.5 Use Cases for LPWAN are Limited, But Opportunities can be Explored
6. Conclusion and Strategic Recommendations
7. Summary of Key Patents
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsxtpk/2018_study_on_the?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190114005531/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY TRANSPORT OTHER TRANSPORT MOBILE/WIRELESS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 01/14/2019 10:22 AM/DISC: 01/14/2019 10:22 AM